Purify Food and Drink (Druid Spell)
- Level: Druid 0
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: 10 ft.
- Target or Area: 1 cu. ft./lvl of contaminated food and water
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell does not create any food or drink. However, if there is available organic matter and liquids, this spell makes spoiled, rotten, diseased, poisonous, or otherwise unsuitable or contaminated, natural food and water, pure and suitable for eating and drinking. A common use is converting vegetation which is suitable food for herbivores (hay, slops, silage, and similar dross) into food suitable for player characters.
- This spell does not prevent subsequent natural decay or spoilage. Unholy Water and similar food and drink of significance is spoiled by Purify Food and Drink, but the spell has no effect on creatures of any type nor upon magic potions.
- Water weighs about 8 pounds per gallon. One cubic foot of water contains roughly 8 gallons and weighs about 60 pounds. A cubic foot of wholesome food weighs around 50 pounds. A cubic foot of food and water is minimal rations for four medium creatures for one day. Small creatures eat half as much, Large creatures eat twice as much, and food requirements are doubled again for each size category above Large. (Two cubic feet per day for Huge, 4 cubic feet per day for Gargantuan, 8 cubic feet per day for Colossal, etc.)