Pyrotechnics (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (One fire source, such as a torch or campfire, up to size Medium.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within 15 feet (a 7x7x4 space typically)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You point dramatically at a source of flame, ranging from a single candle you hold up to a size Medium blaze, and you loudly berate the flame for its lack of ambition, magic freighting your words. At the culmination of your scolding, the fire erupts.
- Pyrotechnics turns a fire into a burst of blinding fireworks, leaving behind a dense column of black smoke. The spell uses one fire source, which is immediately extinguished. Magical fires or fire-based creatures are not usable for this spell.
- Fireworks: The fireworks are a flashing, fiery, momentary burst of glowing, colored aerial lights that fill all squares within 15 feet of the source flame. This effect inflicts (Circle 1 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 4d6 at character level 4) of fire (energy, common) damage, and causes affected creatures to become dazzled. A saving throw as above will reduce the damage by half, but does not affect the dazzle. These creatures must have line of sight to the fire to be affected.
- Smoke Cloud: A stream of smoke billows up from the fire, forming a dense column one square wide that is up to 20 feet high. All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the column. All within the smoke gain partial concealment.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spell's effect which intersect with a Dispersing spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. The GM adjudicates all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice