- Level: Bard 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Subdomain: smoke 2
- Elemental School: fire 2
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (One fire source, such as a torch or campfire, up to size Medium.)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), within 15 feet (a 7x7x4 space typically)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You point dramatically at a source of flame, ranging from a single candle you hold up to a size Medium blaze, and you loudly berate the flame for its lack of ambition, magic freighting your words. At the culmination of your scolding, the fire erupts.
- Pyrotechnics turns a fire into a burst of blinding fireworks, leaving behind a dense column of black smoke. The spell uses one fire source, which is immediately extinguished. Magical fires or fire-based creatures are not usable for this spell.
- Fireworks: The fireworks are a flashing, fiery, momentary burst of glowing, colored aerial lights that fill all squares within 15 feet of the source flame. This effect inflicts (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of fire (energy, common) damage, and causes affected creatures to become dazzled. A saving throw as above will reduce the damage by half, but does not affect the dazzle. These creatures must have line of sight to the fire to be affected.
- Smoke Cloud: A stream of smoke billows up from the fire, forming a dense column one square wide that is up to 20 feet high. All sight, even darkvision, is ineffective in or through the column. All within the smoke gain concealment.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spell's effect which intersect with a Dispersing spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. The GM adjudicates all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing spells include Dispersing (Wind Wall (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Gust of Wind (Spell), Air Step (Spell), Cloak of Winds (Spell), Hurricane Blast (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Calm Air (Spell), Resilient Sphere (Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Spell), Scouring Winds (Spell), Freedom (Spell), Pillar of Fire (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.