Condition Severity: Weak
You have been driven down to your knees by force or trickery, limiting your mobility.
- You cannot leave your space voluntarily, except via teleport (If you teleport, you retain the condition in the new space), or to crawl.
- Crawling is a double-move action, allowing you to move 5 feet, which provokes, and you are still Quelled when the move ends.
- You take a -2 penalty to AC versus melee attacks until the condition is cleared.
- You gain a +2 bonus to your AC versus ranged attacks until the condition is cleared.
- Spells cast while quelled suffer a -2 penalty to any concentration checks.
- You take a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the condition is cleared.
- Using a 2-handed weapon or projectile weapon while Quelled is at a -4 penalty to-hit, instead of -2.
- Make a 5-foot step (a free action) to stand up, ending the Quelled condition. This does not provoke attacks of opportunity from threatening enemies. While this does not use up your move action and it is still available to you this round, you can't use it to move, since you took a 5-foot step.
- Alternatively, an adjacent ally can spend a swift action to help you up, costing you an immediate action as well, ending the condition. This action does not provoke for either you or the assisting ally.
- You can spend a move action to attempt an Escape Artist check against the Maneuver Defense of the creature who inflicted this status. If there is no creature involved, the target is a challenging DC based on the CR of the effect. If you succeed on the check, you may slide yourself 1 square as forced movement, and you may stand up in that square for free, without provoking from enemies who threaten the space you slide into. If you fail the check, you remain quelled in your original space. You may retry this as often as you like, as long as you have sufficient actions to do so. Using Escape Artist in this way does not count as movement for purposes of taking a 5-foot step this round.
- If not cleared, Quelled automatically ends at the end of the encounter.