Read Magic (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Concentration
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You can decipher magical inscriptions on objects - books, scrolls, weapons, and the like - that would otherwise be unintelligible. This deciphering does not normally invoke the magic contained in the writing, although it may do so in the case of a cursed or trapped scroll. Furthermore, once the spell is cast and you have read the magical inscription, you are thereafter able to read that particular writing without recourse to the use of Read Magic. You can read at the rate of one page (250 words) per minute.
- The spell allows you to identify a Glyph of Warding (Cleric Spell), a Glyph of Warding, Greater (Cleric Spell), or any "Symbol" Trap if you make a successful Divinity, Naturalism, or Spellcraft check, versus a DC of 10 + double the caster level of the spell.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.