Read Magic (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Concentration
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice contains herbs, botanicals, and essential oils that improve cognition and recall. The poultice is applied to a specimen of magical writing by the holder. They can then decipher magical inscriptions on objects - books, scrolls, weapons, and the like - that would otherwise be unintelligible. This deciphering does not normally invoke the magic contained in the writing, although it may do so in the case of a cursed or trapped item. Furthermore, once the poultice is applied and the holder has read the magical inscription, they are thereafter able to read that particular writing without recourse to the use of Read Magic. The holder can read at the rate of one page (250 words) per minute.
- This poultice allows the holder to identify a Glyph of Warding (Cleric Spell), a Glyph of Warding, Greater (Cleric Spell), or any "Symbol" Trap if you make a successful Bailiwick skill check, versus a DC of 10 + double the caster level of the spell.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.