Read Magic (Spell)
- Level: Druid 0, Sorcerer/Wizard 0
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Concentration
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You can decipher magical inscriptions on objects - books, scrolls, weapons, and the like - that would otherwise be unintelligible. This deciphering does not normally invoke the magic contained in the writing, although it may do so in the case of a cursed or trapped scroll. Furthermore, once the spell is cast and you have read the magical inscription, you are thereafter able to read that particular writing without recourse to the use of Read Magic. You can read at the rate of one page (250 words) per minute.
- The spell allows you to identify a Glyph of Warding (Spell), a Glyph of Warding, Greater (Spell), or any "Symbol" Trap if you make a successful Divinity, Naturalism, or Spellcraft check, versus a DC of 10 + double the caster level of the spell.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.