Red Right Hand of the Magus (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 3
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A red glove, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self, see below
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), See Below
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon pronouncing the dire phrases of this spell, you create a glowing red hand, faintly translucent and gently glowing, which manifests in your space. This hand may be of size Fine (6"), Diminutive (12"), or even Tiny (30"), meaning a hand from normal human size up to two and a half feet in length. This hand cannot be targeted by any attack except Dispel Magic (Spell), Mage's Disjunction (Spell), and the like. If ordered to enter an Antimagic Field, or ordered to move beyond the range of the spell, the effect immediately ends.
- When cast, this spell may be used in all respects as Hand of the Magus (Spell), except that it may handle objects up to a weight equal to your medium load. You can expend move actions to order the hand to move to a new space within the range of the spell, at a speed of up to 50 feet per move action. The hand may only move through unblocked, unoccupied spaces.
- This spell is not able to perform actions with dexterity or finesse, and thus it may not be used to make skill checks or combat maneuvers or affect creatures in any significant way, save the following:
- As a Move action, the caster may command the Hand to explode in a fiery gout of roiling flame. This flame gushes forth from the space which the Hand occupies, projecting outward in a 15-foot cone (a 3x3 space, starting from any edge or corner of the Hand's space, but not including the Hand's space). You cannot be harmed by these flames even if you are within the area of effect (though your allies can). The Hand explodes for (Circle 3 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 10d6 at character level 10) as fire (energy, common). Affected creatures are allowed to make a REFL saving throw for half damage against a DC defined above. After the Hand has been ordered to explode, the Hand vanishes and the spell ends. Anything the Hand was carrying when it was ordered to explode is dropped in the square in which the Hand previously occupied.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.