- Level: Cleric 7, Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Conjuration
- Domain: community 7, liberation 7
- Elemental School: wood 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (a prepared object worth 1,500 gp)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: object touched
- Duration: A year and a day
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Reflex negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When you intone the protective phrases of this powerful spell, you create powerful magic in a specially prepared object you must hold in your hand or touch. This object can be of any type, durable or fragile, large or small, fine or plain, as long as it is able to be borne by its user. Once prepared, this object contains the power to instantly provide refuge to its possessor.
- Once the item is so enhanced, you must give it willingly to a creature and at the same time inform it of a command word to be spoken when the item is used. To make use of the item, the subject speaks the command word at the same time that it rends, breaks, or casts aside the item (a standard action). When this is done, the individual and all objects it is wearing and carrying (to a maximum of the character's heavy load) are instantly transported to a safe extradimensional place outside of the normal flow of time. No other creatures are affected (aside from a Familiar or Animal Companion that is touching the subject).
- While within this Safe Place, the user of the object may expend one Standard Action to perform some type of healing or preparation. Drinking a Potion of Healing or reading a scroll of Remove Curse is allowed. Casting a spell, using an item, or character ability, or racial ability with any sort of an offensive component (such as a Bless spell) is not. The GM should adjudicate all unusual cases.
- After the user completes their preparatory action, the magic is made unstable, and as the Refuge begins to collapse, the user of the object may choose to be teleported anywhere they wish as long as the maximum distance they move is equal to or less than their fastest movement type. Note that Line of Sight or Line of Effect is NOT required! The magic of the Refuge will not place its user anywhere more dangerous or inimical than their original square, and attempting to do so places you back in your original square.