Resist All Energy (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small dab of specially prepared unguent, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell grants one creature (which may be the caster) limited protection from damage of all Energy types.
- The subject gains ER equal to the caster's caster level against all Energy damage types, meaning that each time the creature is subjected to Energy damage (whether from a natural or magical source), that damage is reduced before being applied to the creature's hit points. The spell protects the recipient's equipment as well, although it is not effective against siege damage, even if it is elemental in nature.
- Resist All Energy absorbs only damage. The subject could still suffer unfortunate side effects, and is vulnerable to environmental hazards.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.