Resonating Word (Spell)
- Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You speak a terrible word of power, setting up potentially lethal vibrations in the chosen target. The target must save once, and the effects persist as long as the creature opposes you.
- When you cast this spell, the target suffers (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of sonic (energy, common) and receives the immolated condition, inflicting additional sonic damage, as the spells weird eldritch energies reverberate through their form. If they make their saving throw, the damage is halved, and the condition is reduced to burned, inflicting sonic damage as above.
- If you cast this spell again upon a target while it is still affected by the Immolated or Burned condition inflicted by this spell, they suffer a -3 Arcane penalty to their Saving Throw.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.