Reverse Gravity (Spell)
- Level: Druid 8, Sorcerer/Wizard 7
- School: Transmutation
- Domain: void 7
- Elemental School: earth 7
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (An amulet, carved with a landscape, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- You recite the words of this spell in a strange, tongue-twisting cadence, as you strongly present an amulet bearing the likeness of a landscape. As the words reach their crescendo, you suddenly flip the amulet onto its head, and it erupts in a twisting ray of space-warping power.
- This spell creates one ray, which may be aimed at surfaces or creatures. If aimed at a surface (usually Armor Class 5, but the GM may adjust this), this spell reverses gravity in an area 3x3 squares in extent, causing unattached objects and creatures caught wholly or partially in the area to fall upward 30 feet, and then fall, taking normal damage from falling down. If a solid object (such as a ceiling) is encountered in this fall, falling objects and creatures strike it in the same manner as they would during a normal downward fall, ie, they take falling damage twice, once on the way up, and again on the way down. Note that this may inflict prone on the victims as per normal falls.
- If directed at a large structure, the space-warping power causes part of the structure to wrench powerfully away from its foundations, inflicting 1 point of siege damage per three caster levels, round down.
- If targeted at a single creature, this spell reverses gravity INSIDE their bodies, to extremely dire effects. If the ray strikes them, as a ranged touch attack, their innards are stirred violently and painfully. They suffer (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of ripping (physical, uncommon) damage, as their insides are dashed around. There is no save, and they do not suffer any falling damage nor do they move, as all the energy of the spell is expended directly into their vitals.