Ricochet Shot (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 2
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A wishbone, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: One projectile or thrown weapon smeared with the poultice.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is brewed from various resilient saps, gums, and extracts taken from milky herbals such as milkweed. The final extract is a firm rubbery mass, which the holder smears firmly onto a single projectile or thrown ranged weapon. This treatment imbues the projectile or thrown weapon with the Ricochet (Quality). This quality may only be used once per round, but affects the target weapon until the end of the next encounter, or a full night's rest is taken.
- Ricochet (Quality): Once per round, after you successfully strike a target, select a different foe within 10 feet of your first target and make another attack. Only roll damage once, but each target that was struck takes the full damage. On ranged weapons, this quality is usually conferred by the ammunition chosen. On melee and thrown weapons, this quality usually requires the fragile and expendable qualities, but see the weapon write-up for details.