Ride the Lightning (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Evocation
- Elemental School: metal 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You snarl out the crackling, snapping phrases of this powerful spell in sudden, sharp bursts. Your body and all of your possessions become translucent and crawl with ravening streaks of deadly lightning. Upon completion of the spell, you race off!
- Casting this spell is a standard action during which you may move a distance up to your standard Move, only you may move in any direction as long as every square you move takes you further away from your starting square, and you have an unblocked, unoccupied square to occupy when you run out of move. You do not need to stay on the ground and can blast right through air, water, mud, lava, and similar fluids without harm.
- This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity, and you are Immune to all damage while transformed anyway. You may move through creatures spaces without hindrance during this move. Creatures though which you move take (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) points of electricity (energy, common) damage. Damaged creatures are allowed to make a Willpower save as detailed above to 'power through' your sudden intrusion and only suffer half damage.
- If your path is interrupted by a barrier or otherwise deflected or Blocked, you materialize short of your final destination in the nearest open space; targets in the line to that point take damage as normal. You are immune to all damage while this spell lasts, but if you stop moving in mid-air or under water/lava/etc, you take all normal consequences.