Root (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 0
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: Creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell strengthens the subject's connection to the ground below, bolstering its defense against combat maneuvers. The subject gains a +1 Arcane Bonus to its Maneuver Defense to resist Trips, Bull Rushes, Overruns, and Repositions, and a +1 Arcane Bonus on all Acrobatics checks made to balance or remain standing on earth, sand, stone, or a similar rocky substance.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.