Searing Light (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 8
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, DF
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: Object or creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 caster level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Focusing divine power, you ask your Deity to gift something you touch with True Light. Your entreaties are answered.
- You touch an object when you cast this spell, causing the object to shed incredibly, intensely damaging, light in a 60-foot radius. This illumination increases the light level for an additional 60 feet (to bright light). Creatures that take penalties in bright light take them while within this magical light. This spell is easily the equivalent of daylight for the purposes of creatures that are damaged or destroyed by such light.
- All creatures who are within the 60 foot primary radius of Searing Light gain the Immolated condition, inflicting light (energy, uncommon) damage. This condition cannot be removed as long as the creature remains within the area of the Light. If a saving throw is made as above, the condition is reduced to merely the Burned condition, also inflicting Light damage.
- Searing Light cannot be cast upon a small object and then hidden in a lightproof covering for long. If such is attempted, the covering suffers one point of Siege Damage per round, as if from an automatic Sunder success, and once it is Broken, the light shines forth unabated.
- While this spell is being cast, it is possible to 'hold the charge' and make a melee touch attack against a creature nearby. Casting Searing Light and using it to attack a creature inflicts (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of light (energy, uncommon) and inflicts Blind to all sight-based senses. Attacking with this spell in this way ends the spell immediately, hit or miss. There is no saving throw against this damage, but after being touched a creature is allowed a saving throw as above to reduce the Blind to merely Dazzled. This use of the spell is a spectacular effect, as the creatures eyes or other visual organs light up from the inside like lamps.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.