- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Evocation
- Elemental School: wood 5
- Casting Time: Ritual (Typically 10 minutes)
- Components: V, S, M (A filigree of fine copper wire, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Planar
- Target or Area: one target creature, a creature the caster personally knows well
- Duration: Until the start of your next turn
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
- Spell Resistance: No
- You hold an arcanely woven filigree of copper before your mouth and whisper to it, the power of this spell causing the wires to first warm, then glow a rich orange. At the culmination of the spell, you speak your words, and they are heard.
- You contact a particular creature with which you are familiar and send a short message of 25 words or less to the subject. The subject recognizes your voice, unless you disguise it successfully. It can answer in like manner (25 words or less) immediately. A creature with an Intelligence score as low as 1 can understand the Sending, though the subject's ability to react is limited as normal by its Intelligence. Even if the Sending is received, the subject is not obligated to act upon it in any manner.
- If the creature in question is not on the same plane of existence as you are, there is a chance that the Sending does not arrive. The GM adjudicates how likely such Sendings are to fail.