Shatter (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A chip of mica, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 5-ft.-radius spread (3x3 square); or one solid object; or one creature
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Shatter creates a loud, ringing noise that breaks brittle, non-magical objects; Sunders a single solid, non-magical object; or damages a nearby creature.
- Used as an area effect, Shatter is harmless to creatures but destroys non-magical objects of crystal, glass, ceramic, or porcelain, such as glasses, goblets, cups, plates, mirrors, etc. All such unattended objects within a 3x3 square area are smashed into dozens of pieces by the spell. Objects weighing more than 1 pound per your level are not affected, but all other objects of the appropriate composition are shattered, gaining the Broken condition.
- Alternatively, you can target shatter against a single solid object, regardless of composition, weighing up to 10 pounds per caster level, even if it is in the possession of a creature. For example, if used against a weapon held in a foe's hand, it inflicts 1 point of siege damage per casting (reducing durability by 1), as if you had successfully sundered it. Against unattended objects this automatically succeeds. Against objects borne by creatures, they may make a saving throw as detailed above to negate the effect.
- Finally, you may directly target an enemy creature within range, inflicting (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) points of Sonic (energy, common) damage, with a saving throw as above for half damage.