- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Enchantment
- Subdomain: defense 1
- Elemental School: void 1
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny metal disk, carved with a sigil, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: you
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- Shield creates an invisible shield of force that hovers in front of you. The disk provides a +4 Arcane Bonus to AC. This bonus applies against incorporeal Touch Attacks, since it is a force effect. If you are denied your Dexterity Bonus to AC (such as by being flat-footed), you also temporarily lose the AC bonus provided by this spell (until you can once again apply your DEX bonus to your AC). The Shield has no armor check penalty or arcane spell failure chance.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.