Slipstream (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 2
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A few drops of oil and water, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 1 creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This poultice is made from slippery sap, gels, and oils combined with water-affinity herbs and botanicals. The holder activates the poultice with a drop of oil and water, causing the plaster to grow runny. The holder than tosses it to a target creature in range, where it splatters over them and runs down to form a magical puddle beneath their feet. This puddle creates a low-cresting wave of water that carries the target along the surface of water or the ground. When moving across level ground, the target's Walk speed increases by 10 feet. While swimming, the Slipstream increases the target's swim speed by 20 feet — if the target does not have a swim speed, this spell grants a swim speed of 20 ft.
- If cast against an enemy creature, all of the above effects can be applied as penalties to the target's move speed, instead of increases.