Solid Fog (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: : V, S, M (A mix of carefully powdered peas and animal hoof, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a fog that spreads in 20-ft. radius, 20 ft. high (a 9x9x4 square space)
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This spell functions like Fog Cloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), but in addition to obscuring sight, the Solid Fog is so thick that it impedes movement.
- Creatures moving through a Solid Fog must make a saving throw as described above. If they fail their save, they move at half their normal speed and take a -2 penalty on all melee attack and melee damage rolls. If they make the save, they suffer the effects of a Fog Cloud, and lose the ability to take 5-foot steps.
- In all cases, save or not, the vapors prevent effective projectile weapon attacks (including magic rays and the like) into, out of, or within the cloud. One or two-handed Throwing weapons, and Massive projectile weapons to include Siege weapons, are not affected.
- A creature or object that falls into Solid Fog is slowed so that each 10 feet of vapor that it passes through reduces the Falling Damage by 2d6.
- Solid Fog, and effects that work like Solid Fog, do not stack with each other in terms of movement and attack penalties.
- Unlike normal fog, only a severe wind (31+ mph) disperses these vapors, and it does so in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.