Soul Bind (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 9, Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (A glorious sapphire with star, either black or light blue, worth 10,650 gp or more.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One ally per ten caster levels (round up 4 max), and One enemy per ten caster levels (round up 4 max), all of whom must be within 40 feet of each other.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The gentle poetry of this spell's phrases belies the dire power lurking within the peaceful words. As you complete the intonation of this spell, choose allies as described above, namely, 2 below 20th level, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st and higher. As you choose each ally, you Bind them, soul-to-soul, with one enemy creature. All allies you choose must be bound to a different enemy, thus if there are more allies than enemies, then some of your allies cannot gain benefits from this spell.
- While under the effects of this spell, each of your allies gains +4 AC as an arcane or divine bonus, but only against non-bound enemy creatures. Namely, you gain a +4 AC against all creatures except your Soul Bound enemy.
- While under the effects of this spell, each of your allies may add (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) damage as bonus damage to all melee or ranged weapon attacks they make. This also applies to ray spells. This bonus damage is the same type as the underlying attack, and only applies against your Soul Bound enemy. Note that this Circle may be increased by the normal method of Mana Burning, and can make this spell incredibly potent.
- When this spell is cast, each chosen Enemy is allowed a Willpower save against the gentle binding magic. If this save is successful, then they do not take any bonus damage, although your Allies still gain the bonus to their AC against all others.
- This spell lays a dual charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell instead lays a dual charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a dual charge, a divine charge, or an arcane charge, may choose only one of these effects to keep. Dual charges are treated as both an arcane and a divine charge, and a creature may only ever have a single arcane charge and divine charge present on them at a time.