Spell Gauge (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Universal
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rune-etched silver piece, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon casting this spell against an enemy creature within range, you instantly gain knowledge of one of its supernatural or spell-like abilities (randomly chosen), and disable that ability on the target creature until the end of the encounter. The target creature gains a Will save to resist this. If the creature succeeds on the saving throw, it loses the use of that ability until the start of your next turn.
- Creatures which are actively disguising their true nature, such as a vampire posing as an innkeeper, who succeed on their Will save, are immune to the effects of this spell. Instead, the caster is told that they possess no supernatural or spell-like abilities.
- If this spell is used against a creature that doesn't possess any supernatural or spell-like abilities, the spell does nothing other than inform the caster of this fact.
- This spell effect is treated as a condition when applied to a creature possessing a role (such as Heavies or Threats).