- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, F (cold iron scepter worth at least 1,000 gp)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 5 x 5 square area, targeted at a specific square or any creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- As you intone the weird, seemingly reversed incantations of this powerful magic, you feel your own magical powers wane and nearly gutter out...until with a powerful gesture you shrug off the magic-nulling might and fling it at a target you choose within the range given above. Upon successful completion, this spell creates an area within which spells, spell-like, and supernatural abilities simply do not function.
- This spell otherwise functions like Antimagic Field (Spell), except its power is not centered upon you, it may be placed on a square of your choosing or hurled upon an enemy creature. If this magic is directed against an enemy creature, that creature is allowed a saving throw as described above. If they succeed on this save, the spell is nullified to no effect. For this reason, Spellbane is frequently cast on the ground, where it automatically succeeds. When cast on an area, there is a vague but easily noticed shimmer around the edge of the effect to make it clear where the antimagic spellbane is working. If the spell affects a creature that has Spell Resistance (SR), you must make a Caster Check against the creature’s SR before it is forced to make its saving throw. If used against a summoned creature, that creature simply winks out of existence.
- This spell can even negate an Antimagic Field, or any spell that specifies immunity to Antimagic Field (such as Wall of Force (Spell), Prismatic Sphere (Spell), and Prismatic Wall (Spell)). Multiple Spellbane effects can overlap. Their effects stack, preventing the functioning of every listed effect in all the areas of effect. Magical effects created by artifacts or deities cannot be suppressed by this spell.