Spider Climb (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A live spider in a crystal vial, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The subject touched is imbued with eerie supernatural abilities to use solid walls and ceilings to move around. They may use their hands and feet to scamper around with startling ease, but they can also use their elbows, knees, forehead, and other contacts to allow them to use their hands without restriction. It is possible for some walls and ceiling to count as difficult terrain or even Impeded Terrain, as the GM adjudicates.
- In short, they can climb and travel on vertical surfaces or even traverse ceilings as well as a spider does, and without suffering penalties to actions, depending upon GM adjudication. The affected creature must be able to use Move actions to climb in this manner.
- The subject gains a Greater Climb speed of 20 feet. This speed improves to 30 feet at character level 15, and 40 feet at character level 30. Creatures with greater climb may charge, make 5-foot steps, run or withdraw while climbing. If a creature with greater climb is knocked Prone, he falls to the ground, taking normal Falling Damage. A Spider Climbing creature retains its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while climbing, and opponents get no special bonus to their attacks against it.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.