Spiritual Weapon (Cleric Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2
- School: Evocation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, DF
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You implore your Deity for the power to defeat your enemies. As you proclaim the paeans of praise for your God, you present your Holy Symbol, and your weapon. Your prayers are answered in a glow of Divine Might.
- A weapon made of glowing force appears and attacks foes at a distance, as you direct it. Choose a target square to which you have line of sight within ten feet per caster level. The glowing weapon appears in that square. You may then make one melee touch attack against two creatures, plus one creature per ten caster levels, dropping fractions. (Thus, attack up to three creatures at level 10, four creatures at level 20, and five creatures at level 30.)
- Use your normal BAB with your own weapon, including all effects of class features, skills, feats, and weapon enchantments. Spiritual Weapon attacks may gain the benefit of flanking and higher ground, but it does not grant flanks to others as it appears, attacks, and dissipates in an instant.
- The Spiritual Weapon is considered to have ten feet of Reach, and gains five feet of Reach for each ten caster levels, dropping fractions. (Thus, ten feet of reach base, then fifteen feet of Reach at 10th level, twenty feet of Reach at 20th level, and twenty-five feet of reach at 30th level.)
- You may not strike a given creature more than once per casting of this spell, but if you miss a given creature, you may expend more attacks upon it until you do strike it. Once struck, a creature may not be affected by this casting of this spell again.
- Each creature who is successfully struck by the melee touch attack suffers (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of Force (energy, uncommon) damage from the blows of your spiritual weapon. Like all Force damage, these attacks are fully effective against Incorporeal opponents.
- If an attacked creature has Spell Resistance (SR), you make a Caster Check against that SR the first time the Spiritual Weapon attacks it, hit or miss. If the weapon is successfully resisted, the spell is dispelled. If not, the weapon has its normal full effect on that creature for the duration of the spell.
- This spell lays a divine charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays a divine charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.