Standing Wave (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A drop of water inside a tiny glass bead, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: 15-ft.-diameter sphere
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You make broad, circular gestures, water gushing from your hands as you swirl into existence a huge, surging, swirling globe of water, fifteen feet in diameter.
- Once called into existence, in an open square adjacent to your space, you may expend a move action to command the standing wave to roll in whichever direction you point and drench all creatures it moves adjacent to, or who move adjacent to it, once per round per creature. (It does not drench the caster upon creation, although it is wise to move it quickly away.) It can also be commanded to geyser (requiring a standard action) in a bursting gush of water, affecting all creatures within fifteen feet of its space (a 9 x 9 square space, centered on the orb). When commanded to geyser it inflicts (Circle 7 damage): 1d6+2 points of damage per character level (max 20d6+40 at character level 20) of winded (physical, uncommon) damage, with a saving throw as above for half damage. Bursting in this fashion does not end the spell.
- It moves 60 feet per Move action the caster expends, using either Walk or Greater Swim as its movement type, in any combination desired. As part of this movement, it can travel freely into water or similar fluids. If it enters a space adjacent to a creature, it deals 5d6 points of buffeting (physical, uncommon) damage to that creature, though a successful save as defined above halves that damage.
- If not directed to move, the sphere stays at rest and buffets any creatures who moves adjacent to it, once per round per creature.
- It occupies a space as a creature does, and can be moved around by Combat maneuver checks, and its space can be entered (at the cost of being buffeted) through normal means such as Overruns or Clamber. It is not a creature or an ally, does not flank or make attacks of opportunity, and cannot be targeted for buff or debuff effects. The surface of the sphere is liquid and yielding, and so does not cause damage except by its buffeting motion.
- The Standing Wave is considered an attended object and cannot be harmed by hit point damage. It can be Sundered to destroy it, having a Durability of one. The difficulty of a Sunder check against the Sphere is the Maneuver Defense of the Caster. It cannot push aside unwilling creatures, batter down large obstacles, or inflict any Siege Damage. A Standing Wave drains away and vanishes if it exceeds the spell's range.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
Mana Burn Circle Damage
|Spell Circle||Burn Cost||Req'd Char Level||Base Dice||Max Dice|
|0||N/A||N/A||1d4 per 2 character levels||max of 4d4 at character level 8|
|1||N/A||1st||1d6 per character level||max of 4d6 at character level 4|
|2||+1||3rd||1d6 per character level||max of 6d6 at character level 6|
|3||+1||5th||1d6 per character level||max of 10d6 at character level 10|
|4||+1||7th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 12d6+12 at character level 12|
|5||+1||9th||1d6+1 per character level||max of 15d6+15 at character level 15|
|6||+1||11th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 16d6+32 at character level 16|
|7||+1||13th||1d6+2 per character level||max of 20d6+40 at character level 20|
|8||+1||15th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 21d6+63 at character level 21|
|9||+1||17th||1d6+3 per character level||max of 25d6+75 at character level 25|
|10||+1||19th||1d6+4 per character level||max of 25d6+100 at character level 25|
|11||+1||21st||1d6+5 per character level||max of 25d6+125 at character level 25|
|12||+1||23rd||1d6+6 per character level||max of 27d6+162 at character level 27|
|13||+1||25th||1d6+7 per character level||max of 27d6+189 at character level 27|
|14||+1||27th||1d6+8 per character level||max of 29d6+232 at character level 29|
|15||+1||29th||1d6+9 per character level||max of 29d6+261 at character level 29|
|16||+1||31st||1d6+10 per character level||max of 30d6+300 at character level 30|
|17||+1||33rd||1d6+11 per character level||max of 30d6+330 at character level 30|
|18||+1||35th||1d6+12 per character level||max of 30d6+360 at character level 30|