Stinking Cloud (Alchemist Extract)
- Level: Alchemist 2
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A rotten egg or cabbage leaves, carefully stored, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a cloud that spreads in a 40-ft. diameter, 20 feet high (an 8 x 8 x 4 square) area.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: No
- This interesting elixir tastes of sulfur and rot, with a difficult slimy yet sticky texture profile that provides a true challenge to the palate. Immediately upon imbibition, the imbiber's belly rumbles and they emit a truly remarkable combination of a colossal eructation and an even larger expectoration. This effect is spectacular, your mouth yawning wide to emit a veritable moist geyser of terrible green-tinged fog with a most indescribable audible component, to boot.
- A gout of this wretched vapor lances from your space to a point you choose as above, from whence a bank of this greenish vapor billows out. Stinking Cloud creates a bank of fog like that created by Fog Cloud, except that the vapors do not block any sense, but are utterly vile. All creatures which pass through one or more of these squares gains the Singed condition, inflicting poison (physical, uncommon) damage, and must make a saving throw as described above or suffer the Gagging condition. If a creature ends its movement in one or more of these squares, it gains the Burned condition, also inflicting poison (physical, uncommon), and they must save or suffer from Gagging.
- A moderate wind (11+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 2 rounds; a strong wind (21+ mph) disperses and dispels the effect in 1 round. The spell effect cannot penetrate liquids, nor can it be cast underwater or in other fluids. Other Environmental Effects may disperse or enhance it at the GM's discretion.
- This spell is subject to dispersal by Dispersing spells. Dispersing spells contain vigorous winds, fresh air, air currents, or other effects. Squares of this spells effect which intersect with a Dispersing Spell's squares of effect are dispelled, but all other squares remain. GM's adjudicate all unusual circumstances.
- Dispersing Spells include Dispersing (Aggressive Thundercloud (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Druid Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Air Step (Alchemist Extract), Air Step (Bard Spell), Air Step (Cleric Spell), Air Step (Druid Spell), Air Step (Paladin Spell), Air Step (Ranger Poultice), Air Step (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Calm Air (Druid Spell), Calm Air (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Cloak of Winds (Druid Spell), Cloak of Winds (Ranger Poultice), Cloak of Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Freedom (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Gust of Wind (Druid Spell), Gust of Wind (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Hurricane Blast (Druid Spell), Hurricane Blast (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Pillar of Fire (Druid Spell), Pillar of Fire (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Resilient Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Scouring Winds (Druid Spell), Scouring Winds (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Telekinetic Sphere (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell), Wind Wall (Cleric Spell), Wind Wall (Druid Spell), Wind Wall (Sorcerer/Wizard Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as dispersing gases, fogs, mists, etc.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- The charge this spell lays affects the caster, not the creatures in the fog.
Circle Damage for Spells
| Spell Circle
|| Burn Cost
|| Min Character Level (CL)
|| Base Dice
|| Max Dice