Stone Shield (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Conjuration (creation)
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small rune-carved rock, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 0 ft.
- Target or Area: Stone wall whose area is one 5-ft. square
- Duration: 1 round
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- When you are about to be attacked, you can shout out a hard-edged word and toss down a runed stone. Instantly, a 1-inch-thick slab of stone springs up from the ground faster than you can blink, interposing itself between you and one opponent of your choice. The stone shield provides you with cover from that enemy (and only that enemy) until the beginning of your next turn, granting you a +4 Arcane Bonus to AC and a +2 Arcane bonus on Reflex saving throws against that opponents attacks. The shield can be sundered by making a Maneuver Offense check against the caster's Maneuver Defense, with a durability of 1. If the shield is Sundered it is destroyed, the spell ends, and the shield crumbles away into nothingness. Spells and effects that do siege damage to an area deal damage to the shield.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.