Stone Shield (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Immediate Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small rune-carved rock, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 0 ft.
- Target or Area: Stone wall whose area is one 5-ft. square
- Duration: 1 round
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is brewed with the sap of strong trees, nematodes, and powdered stones. The plaster is then smeared by the holder upon a small, runed stone and the balm sinks into it, disappearing, but awakening the stone to chivalry.
- When you are about to be attacked, you can shout out a hard-edged word and the runed stone leaps to your defense. Instantly, the runed stone interposes itself between you and one opponent of your choice, where it dashes and darts, getting in the way of every hostile activity that enemy performs, throwing off their aim. The stone shield, tiny though it is, is distracting and agile enough that it provides the holder of the poultice with cover from that enemy (and only that enemy) until the beginning of their next turn, granting them a +4 Arcane Bonus to AC and a +2 Arcane bonus on Reflex saving throws against that opponents attacks. The shield can be sundered by making a Maneuver Offense check against the holders Maneuver Defense, with a durability of 1. If the tiny stone shield is Sundered it is destroyed, the poultice effect ends, and the shield crumbles away into nothingness. Spells and effects that do siege damage to an area deal damage to the shield.
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.