Storm of Revelation (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: 30 foot radius (13 x 13 square) within range
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter (only castable during combat)
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- The mysterious refrains of this spell tumble from the lips of the caster with ease, the sounds almost eager to burst forth and tell their tales to all that will hear them.
- Upon casting this spell, complete with spiraling motions of the arms, hands, and even body, a huge ectoplasmic vortex of nearly pure mana is created in a 13 x 13 square space somewhere within the spell's range. All creatures caught in this vortex must make a saving throw, as described above, or suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) of eldritch (energy, rare) damage. Those who make their save only suffer half damage.
- Even more strangely, all physical objects in the area of effect are rendered transparent to all senses for the remainder of the combat. This allows all senses to trace line of sight anywhere in the area of effect. Note that objects are not invisible, you can still tell that there is a transparent tree in your way due to the vague outline of the tree, but you can see and hear and even touch (if you have a ranged touch sense) through walls and doors. Note further that you cannot move through Blocked squares, and impeded and difficult terrain remains so. A transparent wall is still a wall.
- All creatures who were caught in the area of effect (even those who made their saving throw) also gain an eerie otherworldly glow, granting bright light in their square and all adjacent squares. This light makes it impossible for creatures affected by this spell to use Stealth skill, for example, and negates effects of concealment, such as the inability to inflict precision damage on a concealed target. Thus, this reveals Invisible creatures and negates their miss chance, negates Mirror Image effects, nullifies Blur effects, and the like.
- Lastly, for the remainder of the combat, it is impossible to gain concealment in any way in the area of effect, due to the transparency of all solid objects and the eerie un-light that suffuses the area.