- Level: Cleric 8, Druid 8, Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Evocation
- Elemental School: air 8, metal 8
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A copper rod, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a 30-ft.-radius spread (typically a 13x13 square space), centered on you
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cry out in loud, strong tones, looking up as you command the heavens. You thrust a hand upward, a copper rod spearing toward the sky...and lightning strikes!
- When you cast this spell, lightning strikes you from the sky, or at least from the ceiling above you. Raging electricity spills forth from your body in all directions. The bolts emerging from your form do no harm to structures or objects around you. All creatures within the area take (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of Electricity (energy, common) damage, and are dazzled for 1 round. A successful saving throw halves the damage and negates the dazzle effect.