Strangling Hair (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Transmutation
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one creature
- Duration: Concentration, up to 1 rnd/lvl
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Your hair animates and extends to grapple and Constrict (Ex) an opponent. Make a grapple check against the target using your caster level as the base attack bonus plus a bonus equal to your INT bonus (if Wizard) or CHA bonus (if a Sorcerer). This grapple check does not provoke attacks of opportunity. If your hair succeeds in grappling a foe, that creature takes 1d6 points of damage or your unarmed strike damage, whichever is greater, and gains the grappled condition. Your hair receives a +5 bonus on grapple checks made against opponents it is already grappling, but cannot move foes or pin foes. Each round that your hair succeeds on a grapple check, it deals an additional 1d6 points of damage. The Maneuver Defense of your hair, for the purposes of escaping the grapple, is equal to 10 + its Maneuver Offense]].
- Once you choose a target, your hair continues to attack that target independently of your own actions. You may designate a new target as a move action, which causes your hair to release its current target (if any) and attack the new target that round. Your hair cannot be targeted as a separate creature, but it can be dispelled.