Summon Monster VII (Ranger Poultice)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny bag and a small candle worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: One summoned creature
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Upon completion of the urgent, commanding phrases of this spell, you summon a single creature from a nearby Lateral Material Plane that is obedient and loyal to you and you alone.
- The Summon Monster VII spell conjures a creature with a CR based on your character level (not caster level). This CR can be further modified through the use of Summon Feats and/or some character abilities, but the total modified Challenge Rating (CR) of a summoned monster may never exceed your character level. If the resulting creature's CR would be greater than your character level, it is reduced to a CR equal to your character level. Refer to the table below to determine the summoned creature's CR:
Character Lvl Monster CR Character Lvl Monster CR Character Lvl Monster CR Character Lvl Monster CR Character Lvl Monster CR 1 - 8 - 15 15 22 18 29 22 2 - 9 - 16 15 23 19 30 22 3 - 10 - 17 16 24 19 31 23 4 - 11 - 18 16 25 20 32 23 5 - 12 - 19 17 26 20 33 24 6 - 13 13 20 17 27 21 34 24 7 - 14 14 21 18 28 21 35 25
- Once you have determined the CR of the summoned monster, click on the link in the table above to bring up its Bestiary entry. Note that all summoned monsters have regular melee attacks, and also a special ability called "Summoned Strike". Any attacks of opportunity that the summoned monster makes use its regular melee attack, not its summoned strike.
- You may decide what the summoned creature looks like (subject to referee approval), and this appearance can be the same, or different, each time you cast the spell. Note that, even if your summoned monsters always appear identical to one another (assuming you choose to make them so), they are not the same creature (probably), merely similar-seeming creatures from some reality other than your own. You can also describe the appearance and special effects of your summoned monster's attacks, but the damage types inflicted (e.g. bludgeoning (physical, common)) cannot be adjusted without a feat, power, or ability that specifically allows you to do so.
- The summoned monster appears in a space you designate within the range of the spell, but this space must be unoccupied, unblocked, and sufficient for the creature's size (usually size medium, unless modified by an ability). You can give orders to your summoned monster as a free action, but it must spend its own actions (or actions gifted to it) in order to carry out your instructions. Summoned monsters share your turn in the initiative order, and may act in the same round in which they are summoned. By default, a summoned monster will attack the enemy creature (hostile to you) nearest to it to the best of its ability, unless directed otherwise. You can direct it not to attack, to attack specific enemies, or to perform other actions.
- Summoned monsters have a single standard action with which to act, over and above your own actions each round. In addition, you may 'gift' some or all of your own actions (standard, move, or swift) to your summoned monster, to allow it to perform more complex activities in a given round (such as moving and then attacking, or making a full attack action). If more than one summoned monster is present, you must specify which summoned monster gains any 'gifted' actions you provide (i.e. your gifted move action doesn't give a move action to all summoned monsters present, just one).
- In addition to the abilities listed on the monster's bestiary entry, summoned monsters brought into this realm via Summoned Monster VII gain one random movement ability, and one random bonus ability. Roll 1d20+6 once for each table, and look up your results (note that not all results are possible with Summon Monster VII). You may either accept the results you rolled, or you can modify your result by up to plus or minus two (+/-2), if you prefer. For example, if you rolled a 11+6 = 17 on the movement table, you could select either Greater Flight 30 ft. (result 15), Lesser Teleport 20 ft. (result 16), Greater Swim 90 ft. (result 17), Walk 75 ft. (result 18), or Hover 40 ft. (result 19). You could similarly choose to keep what you rolled on the bonus abilities table, or adjust its result by + or - 2. Regardless of which results you pick, you may only end up with 1 movement power and one bonus ability.
d20+6 Result Ability d20+6 Result Ability d20+6 Result Ability d20+6 Result Ability d20+6 Result Ability 1 No bonus movement 7 Greater Swim 45 ft. 13 Greater Climb 60 ft. 19 Hover 40 ft. 25 Vaulting 90 ft. 2 Walk 40 ft. 8 Greater Climb 45 ft. 14 Vaulting 60 ft. 20 Walk 90 ft. 26 Greater Flight 60 ft. 3 Greater Swim 30 ft. 9 Vaulting 45 ft. 15 Greater Flight 30 ft. 21 Greater Flight 45 ft. 27 Hover 60 ft. 4 Greater Climb 30 ft. 10 Hover 20 ft. 16 Lesser Teleport 20 ft. 22 Lesser Teleport 40 ft. 28 Lesser Teleport 60 ft. 5 Vaulting 30 ft. 11 Walk 60 ft. 17 Greater Swim 90 ft. 23 Walk 120 ft. 29 Greater Flight 90 ft. 6 Walk 50 ft. 12 Greater Swim 60 ft. 18 Walk 75 ft. 24 Greater Climb 90 ft. 30 Lesser Teleport 90 ft.
d20+6 Result Ability d20+6 Result Ability 1 No bonus ability 16 May use Summoned Strike as a ranged attack, max range 30 ft. 2 Darkvision 60 ft. 17 Once per round, can pass through a single enemy's space (must end in open space, provokes, auto-succeeds) 3 +4 Perception; can make an active perception check as a free action once per encounter 18 Tremorsense 60 ft. 4 May make a 5-foot step each round, even if it has moved (not a second 5-foot step, just a guaranteed first one) 19 Immune diseases (infected, diseased, blighted) and poisons (tainted, poisoned, blighted) 5 Size large, normal (5') reach 20 Size large, 10 ft. of reach 6 Combat Reflexes (Feat) 21 May use Summoned Strike as a ranged attack, max range 50 ft. 7 Ranged attack equal to standard attack, 50' increment, max range 250' 22 Ignore difficult terrain 8 Once per round, auto-swap positions with target of successful melee attack 23 Immune to Bruised, Bleed, Ruptured conditions 9 Immune to Dazzled, Blind, Fogged conditions 24 Cannot be flanked (as improved uncanny dodge) 10 Size huge, normal (5') reach 25 Size huge, 10 ft. of reach 11 Lifesense 60 ft. 26 Immune to Quelled, Prone, Splayed conditions 12 Ranged attack equal to standard attack, 50' increment, max 250'; may make 3 ranged attacks w/full attack action 27 Gains DR x/Common (Bludgeoning, Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Slime), where x = CR of the monster; does not stack with other sources of DR 13 Once per round, auto Bull Rush 5 feet w/successful melee attack, and step into space 28 Blindsense 60 ft. 14 Immune to Sickened, Afflicted, Nauseated conditions 29 Immune to all fear-based conditions 15 Size medium, 10 ft. of reach 30 Gains ER x/Common (Acid, Cold, Fire, Lightning, Sonic), where x = CR of the monster; does not stack with other sources of ER
- This spell lays an arcane charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have an arcane charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- NOTE: The charge laid by this spell is laid upon the caster, not upon the summoned monster(s).