- Level: Druid 8, Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Evocation
- Domain: sun 8
- Subdomain: seasons 8
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M/DF (sunstone and fire source)
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: 80-ft.-radius burst
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: REFL partial; see text
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Sunburst causes a globe of searing radiance to explode silently from a point you select. All creatures in the globe areblinded and take 6d6 points of damage. A creature to which sunlight is harmful or unnatural takes double damage. A successful REFL save negates the blindness and reduces the damage by half.
- An Undead creature caught within the globe takes 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 25d6), or half damage if a REFL save is successful. In addition, the burst results in the destruction of any Undead creature specifically harmed by bright light if it fails its save.
- The ultraviolet light generated by the spell deals damage to Fungi, Mold, Oozes, and slimes just as if they were Undead creatures.
- Sunburst dispels any spells of lower than 9th level within its area.