Sunder Breaker (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: two target creatures, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), who must be within 20 feet of each other.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You chant a slow, martial, hymn, pounding your body with your fists, as you build up the magic upon and around you.
- You place an invisible ward upon yourself. The next time a creature succeeds at a Sunder combat maneuver against you, the attacker gains the Broken condition. There is no save against this effect, but Spell Resistance applies. This ends the spell.
- You may also choose to sunder the magical ward on your body as a standard action. If you choose to do so, you may break the magical ward in the same action as casting it. In this case, choose a number of targets within range as defined above. The shattering magic blasts each of them to whom you have line of sight and line of effect, inflicting (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of force (energy, uncommon) damage. The damaged creatures can attempt a saving throw as described to halve this damage. This ends the spell.
- The ward on you counts as a magical trap and can be detected and disabled as such.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.