Sundering Shards (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A very small but fine mirror, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 30 feet
- Target or Area: All creatures and unattended objects in a 6x6 square area adjacent to the caster's space.
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You screech out brittle, harsh sounds as you sweep a mirror in your hand, defining a 30 foot cone next to your space. You then smash the mirror, and all unattended objects of size Medium or smaller, and all creatures, in the area, are shattered just as the images in the mirror are.
- When you cast this spell, all creatures in a 6 x 6 are adjacent to your space suffer (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) of fracturing (physical, rare) damage. Creatures are allowed a saving throw against the DC defined above to lower this damage by half and change the damage type to fictive (energy, uncommon).
- In addition, the caster rolls a Caster Check and records the result. That caster check is compared to the Maneuver Defense of all creatures and the Sunder DC of all unattended objects of size Medium and smaller in the area of effect. If the Caster Check exceeds the Maneuver Defense of any creature, they suffer the effects of one Sunder.
- If any Player Characters are caught in the spell, they suffer full damage as above, and are subject to one un-aimed Sunder attempt, namely:
- Sunder order: If you are subject to an un-aimed Sunder attempt from this spell, your items are sorted for damage in the following order:
- Weapon/Item held in main hand
- Weapon/Item held in off-hand
- If none of the above items are present, or all of them are broken, such an untargeted Sunder maneuver has no effect.