Tactical Acumen (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Enchantment (compulsion)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A small piece of a map, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: 30 ft.
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 10 character levels (drop fractions; max 4 at level 30), yourself or allies you choose only, within a 30-ft.-radius burst, centered on the caster
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Tactical Acumen grants you and your chosen allies a mastery of battlefield tactics. Whenever you would gain a bonus on attack rolls or to AC due to battlefield position, such as flanking, higher ground, or cover, you gain an additional +1 Arcane or Divine Bonus (depending upon the caster). This bonus increases to +2 at level 20.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.