Telekinetic Sphere (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A crystal sphere, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: 5-ft.-diameter sphere
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You make broad, circular gestures, magical force from your hands compressing air into a dense flexible layer as you swirl into existence a large shimmering globe of densely resilient air, five feet in diameter.
- Once called into existence, in an open square adjacent to your space, you may expend a move action to command the powerful sphere to move in whichever direction you point and scour all creatures it moves adjacent to, or who move adjacent to it, once per round per creature. (It does not scour the caster upon creation, although it is wise to move it quickly away.) It can also be commanded to blast (requiring a standard action) in a shattering burst of force, affecting all creatures within twenty-five feet of its space (an 11 x 11 square space, centered on the orb). When commanded to blast it inflicts (Circle 8 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 21d6+63 at character level 21) of thundercrash (energy, rare) damage, with a saving throw as above for half damage. Blasting in this fashion does not end the spell.
- It moves 60 feet per Move action the caster expends, using Greater Flight as its movement type. If it enters a space adjacent to a creature, it deals 10d6 points of scouring (energy, uncommon) damage to that creature and knocks them Prone, though a successful save as defined above halves that damage and reduces the condition to Quelled.
- If not directed to move, the sphere stays at rest and scours any creatures who moves adjacent to it, once per round per creature.
- It occupies a space as a creature does, and can be moved around by Combat maneuver checks, and its space can be entered (at the cost of being scoured) through normal means such as Overruns or Clamber. It is not a creature or an ally, does not flank or make attacks of opportunity, and cannot be targeted for buff or debuff effects. The surface of the sphere feels firmly yielding, and so does not cause damage except by its scouring action.
- The Telekinetic Sphere is considered an attended object and cannot be harmed by hit point damage. It can be Sundered to destroy it, having a Durability of one. The difficulty of a Sunder check against the Sphere is the Maneuver Defense of the Caster. It cannot push aside unwilling creatures, batter down large obstacles, or inflict any Siege Damage. A Telekinetic Sphere dissipates immediately if it exceeds the spell's range.
- This spell can be used to disperse Obscuring spells. Gases, fogs, and vapors that intersect the squares occupied by this spell are dispersed in those squares.
- Obscuring spells include: Obscuring (Acid Fog (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud (Spell), Aggressive Thundercloud, Greater (Spell), Barrow Haze (Spell), Cloudkill (Spell), Euphoric Cloud (Spell), Fog Cloud (Spell), Incendiary Cloud (Spell), Mind Fog (Spell), Nauseating Trail (Spell), Plague Storm (Spell), Solid Fog (Spell), Stinking Cloud (Spell), Twilight Haze (Spell)), and any other effects the GM rules as being affected.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.