(Redirected from Teleport)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Conjuration (teleportation)
- Domain: travel 5
- Elemental School: void 5
- Casting Time: Ritual, minimum 1 hour (see below)
- Components: V, S, M (A bottle of air, collected at the nadir of night, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: you and two target creatures, plus one per 10 caster levels (drop fractions; max 5 at level 30), your allies only, either touching or clasping hands
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You choose a place where you can work. You craft a circle, and slowly you overlay the place you desire to be with the place where you are. The world and spirits bend to your steady ministrations, layers of This Reality folding back as you work and layers of That Reality taking their place. Seen from the outside, you are serene, ritual words flowing from your lips as your busy hands fold and rearrange glowing motes before you. At the culmination of the spell, you reach out and grasp your allies, and in a final rush, you push yourself and them through the folded Realities.
- Upon completion of the ritual, this spell instantly transports you to a designated destination, which may be as distant as 50 miles per hour spent casting. The maximum time that may be spent casting is equal to half your caster level in hours, round down. If you wish to travel further than the maximum allowed, you must cast this spell twice, and you should have a 'relay' of familiar places ready. Interplanar travel is not possible.
- You can bring along objects on your person, carried by you, or touched by you, as long as their weight doesn't exceed your maximum load. You may also bring one additional willing Medium or smaller creature (carrying gear or objects up to its maximum load) or its equivalent to the maximum defined above. A Large creature counts as two Medium creatures, a Huge creature counts as four Medium creatures, and so forth. All creatures to be transported must be in contact with one another, and at least one of those creatures must be in contact with you.
- All affected creatures are allowed a Saving Throw and Spell Resistance. Most allies usually choose to fail these rolls voluntarily.
Familiarity On Target Off Target Similar Area Mishap Very Familiar 01–97 98–99 100 — Studied Carefully 01–94 95–97 98–99 100 Seen Casually 01–88 89–94 95–98 99–100 Viewed Once 01–76 77–88 89–96 97–100 False Destination — — 81–92 93–100
- You must have some clear idea of the location and layout of the destination. The clearer your mental image, the more likely the teleportation works. Areas of strong physical or magical energy may make teleportation more hazardous or even impossible.
- To see how well the teleportation works, roll d% and consult the table at the end of this spell. Refer to the following information for definitions of the terms on the Table.
- "Very Familiar" is a place where you have been very often and where you feel at home.
- "Studied Carefully" is a place you know well, either because you can currently physically see it or you've been there recently or often.
- "Seen Casually" is a place that you have seen more than once but with which you are not very familiar.
- "Viewed once" is a place that you have seen once, possibly using magical devices or visions, or using a good map.
- "False Destination" is a place that does not truly exist or if you are teleporting to an otherwise familiar location that no longer exists as such or has been so completely altered as to no longer be familiar to you. When traveling to a false destination, roll 1d20+80 to obtain results on the table, rather than rolling d%, since there is no real destination for you to hope to arrive at or even be off target from.
- On Target: You appear where you want to be.
- Off Target: You appear safely a random distance away from the destination in a random direction. Distance off target is 1d6 miles per hour of the ritual performed. The direction off target is determined randomly.
- Similar Area: You wind up in an area that's visually or thematically similar to the target area. Generally, you appear in the closest similar place within range. If no such area exists within the spell's range, the spell simply fails instead.
- Mishap: You and anyone else teleporting with you have gotten "scrambled." You each take 3d6 points of interstice (physical, rare) damage, and you reroll on the chart to see where you wind up. For these rerolls, roll 1d20+80. Each time "Mishap" comes up, the characters take more damage and must reroll. There is no maximum damage. Note that Mishaps can have further implications, such as triggering encounters with extraplanar monsters, arriving in 'mirror worlds', sudden detours into the Astral or Ethereal Planes, etc. The GM adjudicates all unusual results.