Thorn Javelin (Ranger Poultice)
- Level: Ranger 1
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature you attack with the ray
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- This poultice is made of thorny, irritant plants, the mixture steeping with angry menace. When the holder activates the poultice, it coalesces into an angry thorn, wicked and barbed and long as your finger, slick with poison, which appears in your open hand where the poultice once was. The thorn dashes forth from the holder's hand to a target creature to which they have line of sight and line of effect, as a ray attack.
- If you strike the foe with your ranged touch attack, they suffer (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of piercing (physical, common) damage, and gain the Sickened condition from the noxious poison. If you miss, they suffer no ill effects, and the spell is discharged.
- If manaburning is desired, the extra poultice (or other) slots must be expended by the herbalist Ranger when the poultice is brewed.