Touch of Mercy (Spell)
- Level: Cleric 2, Sorcerer/Wizard 2
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A tiny soft pillow, embroidered with sigils, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature, creature touched
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will negates
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + 1/2 character level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You cast the soothing refrains of this spell, charging your hands with merciful power. You touch a target creature, imbuing them with merciful inclinations.
- The target creature deals only Non-Lethal Damage with all of its physical attacks. Damage taken by creatures or objects that are not subject to Non-Lethal Damage is not converted to Non-Lethal Damage and remains lethal damage. The attack retains all of its other normal properties. A Flaming Sword, for example, would deal non-lethal slashing damage, but the Fire damage would remain lethal.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.