Touch of the Sea (Spell)
- Level: Druid 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Transmutation
- Elemental School: water 1
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A fish scale, engraved with a sigil, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, plus one per 20 character levels (drop fractions; max 2 at level 20), subject to a ray attack
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You clutch a fish scale as you burble the gleeful passages of this spell, your body undulating like seaweed.
- A magical Ray springs from your hand. The creature(s) within range whom you target with a ranged touch attack, if successfully struck, are transformed to live more gracefully within the Mother Sea. You cause webs to grow between the target's fingers and its feet to transform into flippers, granting a Greater Swim speed of 30 feet. This transformation causes any boots or gloves the target is wearing to meld into its form (although magic items with a continuous effect continue to function). This spell does not grant the target any ability to breathe water.
- This transformation can be gentle, or harsh, at the caster's discretion. If you grant your target a gentle transformation, they receive the above benefits with no drawbacks.
- If you choose to make the transformation a harsh one, then the target suffers (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of ripping (physical, uncommon) damage, as their skin and bones are forced crudely into their new shape.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.