Unbearable Brightness (Spell)
- Level: Alchemist 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: all creatures in target area (friend or foe), in a twenty foot radius area (a 9 x 9 square space)
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Reflex partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You point at a space or object within range to which you have line of sight. Line of effect is not required, you merely have to see your desired location. You carefully pronounce the magical words that enchant the object of your attention, even if it is empty space, to briefly behave as if it is part of the Plane of Light.
- To put it mildly, the Plane of Light is very, very bright.
- The square or object you enchanted glows with a terrible light. Creatures within 20 feet of that space, who have line of sight to that space, suffer (Circle 4 damage): 1d6+1 points of damage per character level (max 12d6+12 at character level 12) of light (energy, uncommon) damage, and are dazzled. A saving throw as defined above reduces the damage by half and negates the condition.
- This light counts as Daylight for the purpose of affecting creatures with vulnerabilities to such things. This spell, weirdly, does not dispel any form of darkness, although it will surely penetrate any level of darkness to deliver its photonic payload of destruction.