Uncommon Stoneskin (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Enchantment
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A pinch of granite and diamond dust, worth 1,470 gp)
- Range: Touch
- Target or Area: one target creature
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Will negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You coat your hands with granite and diamond, then recite a clear, ordered series of commands as you make a series of arcane gestures, then touch yourself or a single target. In a shimmering rush, the magic coats them from head to toe. Their skin takes on a stony cast, as if they are made of some exotic skin-tinted marble.
- This spell grants one creature (which may be the caster) limited protection from damage of one Uncommon Physical Damage Type chosen by the caster at the time of casting.
- The subject gains DR equal to the spell level plus the caster's caster level against the physical damage type chosen, meaning that each time the creature is subjected to such damage (whether from a natural or magical source), that damage is reduced before being applied to the creature's hit points. If this spell is cast using a higher level spell slot, the increase in spell level increases the protection granted, if metamagic feats or other effects also raise the spell's actual level. The spell is not effective against siege damage (such as sunder maneuvers made against the subject's equipment), even if it is physical in nature.
- Uncommon Stoneskin absorbs only damage. The subject could still suffer unfortunate side effects, and is vulnerable to environmental hazards.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.