Unseen Crew (Spell)
- Level: Bard 4, Sorcerer/Wizard 5
- School: Conjuration (creation)
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M
- Range: Long (200 ft. + 20 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: one invisible sailor per level
- Duration: 1 day/lvl
- Saving Throw: none
- Spell Resistance: No
- An unseen crew member is an invisible, shapeless force that performs the duties of one crew member. It can tie off ropes, hoist sails, swab decks, and other such duties. An unseen crew member possesses no other skills. It cannot fight, speak, or even defend itself.
- An Unseen Crew member has a Strength score of 10 and a Profession (Crewman) score equal to half your character level plus your INT modifier (for Wizards) or your CHA modifier (for Bards or Sorcerers). It cannot fly, but it can climb, swim, or walk with a base speed of 20 feet.
- An Unseen Crew member cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes more than 1 point of damage per caster level you possess from area attacks (it gets no saves against attacks). If you attempt to send an Unseen Crew member beyond the spell’s range (measured from your current position), the crew member ceases to exist.