Unseen Servant (Bard Spell)
- Level: Bard 1
- School: Conjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action, or the first attack of a Full Attack Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of string and a bit of wood, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: One invisible, mindless, shapeless servant
- Duration: Until the end of your next full night's rest
- Saving Throw: No saving throw granted
Save DC: -
- Spell Resistance: No
- An Unseen Servant is an invisible, mindless, shapeless force that performs simple tasks at your command. It can run and fetch things, open unstuck doors, and hold chairs, as well as clean and mend. The servant can perform only one activity at a time, but it repeats the same activity over and over again if told to do so as long as you remain within range. It can open only normal doors, drawers, lids, and the like. It has an effective Strength score of 2 (so it can lift 20 pounds or drag 100 pounds). It gains +10 lbs of carrying capacity for every 10 full character levels of the caster (dropping fraction; i.e. +10 at 10th, +20 at 20th, +30 at 30th). It can trigger traps and such, but it can exert only 20 pounds of force, which is not enough to activate certain pressure plates and other devices (subject to GM adjudication). It can’t perform any task that requires a skill check. This servant has a Hover speed of 15 feet, but no other movement types. This Hover speed increases by +15 feet per 10 full character levels of the caster (dropping fractions; e.g. 30 feet at 10th, 45 feet at 20th, and 60 feet at 30th).
- The servant cannot attack in any way; it is never allowed an attack roll. It cannot be killed, but it dissipates if it takes 6 points of damage from area attacks, or a single point of siege damage, such as from a sunder. It gets no saves against attacks. If you attempt to send it beyond the spell’s range (measured from your current position), the servant ceases to exist.
- Although this does not lay a charge, the caster may never have more unseen servants summoned than the caster's caster stat modifier.