Unwilling Shield (Spell)
- Level: Bard 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 6
- School: Necromancy
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (ruby dust worth 250 gp)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one creature
- Duration: 1 rnd/lvl (D)
- Saving Throw: WILL negates
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- Like Shield Other (Spell), Unwilling Shield creates a mystic connection between you and the target, but unlike Shield Other (Spell), the target shares the wounds that you receive. In addition, the link draws upon the target's life force to supplement your own defenses. You gain a +1 Luck Bonus to AC and on saving throws. You take only half damage from all wounds and attacks (including those dealt by special abilities) that deal hit point damage. The amount of damage not taken by you is taken by the target. Forms of harm that do not involve hit points, such as (charm) effects, ability damage (dilution, damage, drain), essence damage (suppression, omission, destruction), and effects, are not affected. If you take a reduction in maximum hit points from ability damage, the reduction is not split with the target because it is not hit point damage. When the spell ends, subsequent damage is no longer divided between you and the subject, but damage already split is not assigned to you.
- If you and the target of the spell move out of range of each other, the spell remains active, but damage is no longer shared until you are once again within range of each other.