- Level: Bard 1, Sorcerer/Wizard 1
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V,S,M (A runed parchment, rolled and pasted into a cone, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: one target creature, any creature chosen
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You murmur the precise rhyme and meter of this spell over and over, the words reverberating and overlapping, growing ever-clearer but also fainter, as the cone of parchment you hold begins to glow. You hold the cone to your mouth and speak.
- You can make your voice (or any sound that you can normally make vocally) seem to issue from someplace else. You may choose the origin square for your words as any square to which you have line of effect, but not necessarily line of sight. You can, for example, choose a square on the other side of a wall, or around a corner, as long as there is an unblocked path of squares between you and the target square. You can speak in any language you know, and can make skill checks based on verbal communications (the GM adjudicates the exact circumstances and whether the check is allowed). With respect to such voices and sounds, anyone who hears the sound and rolls a successful save recognizes it as illusory (but still hears it).
- In addition, you may choose to expend the power of the spell in a single grating screech, causing the overlapping sounds to destructively saw their way into the mind of a single target, chosen as above. Attacking with this spell is a standard action, but if you wish you may make this attack as part of the same action as casting the spell. Attacking with this spell in this way immediately ends the spell. This grating feedback yawp causes (Circle 1 damage): 1d4 points of damage per character level (max 5d4 at character level 5) of sonic (energy, common) damage. If a save is made, the damage is halved and the damage type is changed to fictive (energy, uncommon) damage.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.