Vitriolic Mist (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 8
- School: Abjuration
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A piece of lemon rind in a runed vial, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Self
- Target or Area: You
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Harmless (Fortitude negates)
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- This functions as Fire Shield (Spell), except it wreathes you in yellow or green acidic mist instead of hot or cold flames. The spell deals (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of acid (energy, common) damage to attackers and protects you (Immune) against Acid Damage. This spell does not shed light.
- This spell lays a dual charge on its target(s). If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell instead lays a dual charge on you, the caster. Targets which already have a dual charge, a divine charge, or an arcane charge, may choose only one of these effects to keep. Dual charges are treated as both an arcane and a divine charge, and a creature may only ever have a single arcane charge and divine charge present on them at a time.