Wail of the Banshee (Spell)
- Level: Sorcerer/Wizard 9
- School: Necromancy
- Domain: death 9, repose 9
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V
- Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./two lvls)
- Target or Area: All living creatures within a 40-ft.-radius spread
- Duration: Instantaneous
- Saving Throw: Fortitude partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- When you cast this spell, you emit a terrible, soul-chilling scream that tears at the very existence of all creatures within 40 feet of your space. (A 17 x 17 square with you at the exact center.) The power of this terrible spell is sound-based: Magical Silence or blindness to sound renders creatures Immune. Line of sight or line of effect is not required, the dire magic of this deadly spell penetrating most barriers with ease. An Antimagic Field or Spellbane will stop the effect.
- All creatures save for yourself, friend or foe, wholly or partially in the area of effect take (Circle 9 damage): 1d6+3 points of damage per character level (max 25d6+75 at character level 25) of threnodic (energy, rare) damage. Affected creatures are allowed a saving throw as described above to take only half damage.