Wall of Blindness/Deafness (Spell)
- Level: Bard 4, Cleric 5, Sorcerer/Wizard 4
- School: Illusion
- Casting Time: Standard Action
- Components: V, S, M (A bit of mirror, completely blackened by soot at the stroke of midnight, worth 1 gp.)
- Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./lvl)
- Target or Area: One wall segment five feet wide and ten feet tall per ten caster levels, 2 at 11th, 3 at 21st, and 4 at 31st.
- Duration: Until the end of the current encounter, the end of the next encounter, or until the start of a full night's rest, whichever is sooner
- Saving Throw: Will partial
Save DC: 10 + caster stat modifier + spell level
- Spell Resistance: Yes
- You murmur dire words, staring dramatically, and as your workings reach their peak, you pass a bit of blackened mirror before your eyes. Following the motion of the obscured mirror, a translucent Wall fills spaces where you wish. You create a translucent wall of energy, within which can be seen indistinct images of faces with their eyes or ears sewn shut. When you create the wall, decide whether it blinds or deafens. Any creature that passes through the wall must save as defined above or they suffer (Circle 2 damage): 1d6 points of damage per character level (max 6d6 at character level 6) of fictive (energy, uncommon) damage and receive the Blind condition to the sense group chosen. If they make their save, they take only half damage and are instead dazzled by shreds and wisps of shadowstuff.
- The Wall completely fills a number of squares per casting as detailed above. The wall is always rounded, allowing creatures to cut the corners when trying to move around it. Once placed, the Wall is fixed for the duration.
- While the Wall must be vertical, you can shape it in any continuous path along the ground that you like. Choose squares that are occupied by the Wall and place them in a continuous shape as desired (corner to corner or edge to edge). It is possible to create cylindrical or square wind walls to enclose specific points.
- If cast multiple times, several castings can be 'joined together' to create longer or taller walls. Each five foot long and ten foot tall segment created can be placed side to side or above an existing segment, and they join together to form a seamless barrier.
- It need not touch the ground or any other surface, although doing so makes it more difficult to go around. The wall must be continuous and unbroken when formed, namely, all squares for its length must be unoccupied. This wall does not break line of sight or line of effect in any way, although it is completely obvious to any visual sense. Certain movement types, such as Flight, Vaulting, or Burrow may circumvent its effects.
- This wall cannot be harmed by hit point or Sunders, but it can be Dispelled or Disjoined.
- This spell lays an arcane or divine charge on its target(s), depending on the caster who is casting the spell. If the targets are something other than you or another creature (such as an object or area), the spell lays an arcane or divine charge on you, the caster. Divine casters lay a divine charge, and arcane casters lay an arcane charge. Targets which already have an arcane or divine charge present must choose which to keep if the new spell has the same charge type. Only one arcane charge and one divine charge can ever be present on a target at a time.
- This charge can support multiple castings of the same spell, the charges merging into one another.